Monday 10 August 2015

Nutritional Program - completely tailored to you!


Every body is completely different - what one person can eat or drink to reach their nutritional or fitness goals is likely to be different to what will work for you. 

I create nutritional programs that are completely tailored to you. I look at a number of different aspects to create a plan that will enable you to reach your goal.

In my plans I provide:

  • Analysis of your current food intake 
  • Calculation of daily calorie needs (to reach your goal)
  • Recommendation of daily "Macro" - Carbohydrate, Protein and Fat intake
  • A guideline to how much Water you should be drinking
  • Recommended meal plan - to fit your goals
  • Guide to carb loading
  • Guide to eating for peak competition fitness



If you are interested in your own tailored Nutritional Program please email: viccimurphynutrition@gmail.com

Step 1: Analysis of Current Food Intake

  • I ask you to complete a food diary so that I can understand what your current starting point is - this is really important because if you straight away jump to a nutritional plan that is too low in daily calories from your previous eating habits you will suffer from Metabolic Syndrome (essentially your body panics and thinks i dont know when my next meal is so it holds onto all energy and you wont lose weight!)
  • In this stage i will also ask you questions about your lifestyle - what are your goals, do you do any exercise (if so what type how frequent etc) so that i can build a plan that is really effective for you!


Step 2: Macro Levels (Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein % of total Calories)
  • Based on the above I will calculate how many calories you should be eating a day - but also i will guide you on what 'Macros" split you should have (the proportion of macro-nutrients Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat). 
  • I also guide you on water intake and supplements (if required)

Step 3: Tailored Meal Plan
  • I will create you a meal guide to follow - how many meals a day, what to eat, when to eat
  • Guide to pre and post workout food
  • Competition eating (e.g. carb loading & tapering for a race day, what to eat on the day of a tournament)

Step 4: 8 weeks of Guidance
  • I provide guidance for an 8 week period - we will tweak your plan occasionally to better fit your lifestyle and food preferences. I am all about making changes that you can stick to.
  • I ask that you weigh yourself (and preferably take measurements) once a week only - at the same day each week, before you eat anything and after you go to the bathroom.
  • This is optional however most of my clients will send me progress pictures ( i think the accountability really helps keep you motivated :) ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment